Thursday, March 12, 2009

World's biggest ever misquote?




You know what really gets on my tits? It's that every single time Jose Mourinho is mentioned on tv or in the written press they always put in quotes "the special one". It is a huge misquote that has annoyed me for years. Jose is arrogant, confrontational and loads of other stuff but he has been given the label of "the special one" which makes him sound like he thinks he's the best, hand picked by a higher being, and better than any other manager. He actually said he thought, after winning the European Cup with a small European team like Porto, that he was "a special one". This means he thinks that he's not the best but that he's in the upper bracket of managers. I think his record shows that he was right with that claim.

Here's his quote in full:
“I’m not a defender of old or new football managers. I believe in good ones and bad ones, those that achieve success and those that don’t. Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.”

I'm glad I got that off my chest. Up yours lazy journalists. Nobody reads this blog except for you, so, whenever you hear the misquote, think of me and have a little laugh because we know better.

No comments: